Auto Rotate Label at block insertion

deano33

Have a number of std blocks with a single part number located centrally within a circle similar to std grid line coordinates used on architectural plans.

Is there a simple way to set the block up with its part number fixed centrally so that when the block is inserted at different rotation angles the part number always appears central within the circle and upright.

Forget lisp as only have LT.

Not sure if Attributes work. Also not sure how to centralise the text within an attribute so its always central when block is rotated.

Not worked with dynamic blocks before. A bit OTT for what we normally do. We also have a couple of older cad stations that we share drawings with. Was hoping for a simple way.

For blocks that have a central insertion point I have set macros up to insert a second lable block to last point at rotation 0.

Need to learn dynamic blocks though. Also need to get our software up to date in the office LOL.

Not sure if Attributes work. Also not sure how to centralise the text within an attribute so its always central when block is rotated.
Middle or Middle Center justification will keep the attribute centralized, assuming you put it in the middle of the block to begin with. Using _eattedit, which brings up the Enhanced Attribute Editor, you can edit the attribute to have a Rotation of 0 under the Text Properties tab.

For a macro, consider the following sequence which automatically goes to the Angle option in -ATTEDIT. You should be able to introduce a pause and then 0 for the angle, but these are not shown here.

_.-ATTEDIT
Edit attributes one at a time? [Yes/No] <Y>:

Enter block name specification <*>:
Enter attribute tag specification <*>:

Enter attribute value specification <*>:  Select Attributes:
1 found
Select Attributes:
1 attributes selected.
Enter an option [Value/Position/Height/Angle/Style/Layer/Color/Next] <N>: _A
Specify new rotation angle <45>: 0

Have you considered the use of a dynamic block?
This was my first thought as well, and it wouldn't be at all difficult to make a simple dynamic block where the text or attribute is geometrically forced horizontal. However, when I tried to implement this method, the attribute/text rotated with the block anyway. I'm wondering if there is a setting/variable that could be used to prevent this? I thought that perhaps Lock position might work, but Yes & No had the same rotational result.

Thanks for replies guys. Much appreciated. All cad stations are LT. 3 x LT 2000 without the i. 1 x 2007 & 1 x 2012. Will have another play with attributes when I return to work tomorrow. All suggestions are welcome. Again many thanks.