Plot to PDF File Naming Convention

Flyers28

I use autocad MEP and we plot to Single PDF's. Currently the files are plotted and named with Sheet number and sheet title (E-1 Electrical Specifications). However now they want to see the Project Title listed in the file name as well. Is there away to have autocad plot to single pdf with a naming convention such as ("Project Title - E-1 Electrical Specifications" etc.)

I currently use a batch file renamer to rename the files before sending out via email but that is tedious.

There have been previous questions regarding the renaming of PDFs created from within AutoCAD (not sure if Inventor has come up before this) you might want to search for and read. Maybe you'll find some information that could be of use to you. AutoDesk does not go out of its way to make this easy for the user thus it might better be handled with a different program such as CutePDF. I don't know for sure I am just mentioning the name as an example. Sorry I cannot be more specific.

There have been previous questions regarding the renaming of PDFs created from within AutoCAD (not sure if Inventor has come up before this) you might want to search for and read. Maybe you'll find some information that could be of use to you. AutoDesk does not go out of its way to make this easy for the user thus it might better be handled with a different program such as CutePDF. I don't know for sure I am just mentioning the name as an example. Sorry I cannot be more specific.

Yea been trying to search the forums have not found anything yet, might just be my terrible search tactics. But i appreciate the response, will continue to try and dig up a solution.

Thanks for the links. Does not seem like this process can be automated (ie. put project title in Project Details under Project Properties and have it plot the way Sheet Number and Sheet title plot). But using the Publish Dialog box will have to do. Little more tedious then a File renaming program where i enter what i want to add once and it does it across every file. But i only have to change the file name once in publish dialog box and it will plot that way each time i plot so thats a plus.

Thanks again for the help. Autocad really does not like to make things simple and easy.

If you find a CAD program that meets both those requirements chances are it was not designed by AutoDesk and if it was it has been retired. And if it was made by another company AutoDesk bought the company and unceremoniously killed it off.

If you plot from the sheet set manager it would be pretty easy to add the project name to your layout tabs.

Otherwise I can recommend 'renamer'. For a less tedious file re-naming program.http://www.den4b.com/?x=products&product=renamer