Viewbase

A few minutes ago I discovered viewbase, a command I now love. :oops:

I know you can dim directly off it and it will be correct to the model, but I'm curious as to whether I can scale the model as in 1:10, 50 etc.

No biggie if I can't.

(Whoo, 400'th post :celebrate:)

The viewbase command allows the user, from a 3D model to create elevations and plans in a 3rd, or 1st angle perspective.

If I were to model two squares, one smaller than the other on top of each other, then this command will make a plan (Top or bottom) view of it, allow for elevations either side of the model and 3D views of it, from a top-right, top-left, bottom-right and/or bottom-left perspective.

I'm curious as to whether this command allows the person to scale the views they create from this command at, say 1:10 for example as currently this command creates a preset size for it, or whether it only allows the person to accurately perform a dimlin on it in paperspace.

This command does not use an viewport.

I'm using AutoCAD 2012.

If I understand your question, you can change the scale before placing the first view by typing S, enter, or afterwards pick a view and adjust with the drop down arrow.

Note that I changed my answer, rather than the properties palette you pick on the view and use the drop down arrow that is at the view.

...but I'm curious as to whether I can scale the model as in 1:10, 50 etc.....

When working with 3D/2D it is best to refer to the 3D solid as "the model" and to the 2D layout as "the drawing" or "drawing views".

You can scale either the model or show the drawing views at desired scale.