Replacing one dynamic block with another

asteffy

As most of you know, blockreplace will not work with dynamic blocks. I've tried to locate a routine in which I can replace one selected dynamic block with a named dynamic block. For example replace edoor with door. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's a bit weird to do this. You get similar issues with DB parameters as you do with attributes. A quick manual method of going about it is as per my post here: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?76512-How-to-replace-dynamic-block-in-a-drawing-without-losing-data-!&p=516267&viewfull=1#post516267

The issue is that 2 different block definitions might have named the attribute and/or db parameter with a different name. Not to mention they might have more (or less) of those attr's and params. So a simple one-click routine is probably not possible. It will require something which asks the user which parameter from the old block to map onto which parameter of the new version. And then what happens if there are less parameters in the new block, should the old versions simply be thrown away? If there are more should they be left at their defaults?