save as

Gavin Studd

Hi,

Im having trouble with autocad 2012. every time I try to save as it freezes the programme. if I press esc it unfreezes it but I can not save as.

lots of my drawings require me to open a drawing then draw from it and save it as something else so this is something I need to do

does anybody have any ideas?

thanks

Gavin

Does your regular save work?

As a simple work around, you can always copy and rename the file in the windows folder, then open it in autocad and do a simple save on it.

A pain, but it will keep you going untill you figure out what is causeing the save as issue

Does this only occur in certain files or on all files. Test to see if this is occurring on drawings on your network/server (if you are using one) or your a local drive in your computer.

Another thing to look at is when you open the drawing; do you get a dialog box saying there are errors in the file? I know this has caused me not to be able to save before. If this is the case do a purge and an audit on the file (and you can type audit straight into the command line).

Hi,

Im having trouble with autocad 2012. every time I try to save as it freezes the programme. if I press esc it unfreezes it but I can not save as.

lots of my drawings require me to open a drawing then draw from it and save it as something else so this is something I need to do

does anybody have any ideas?

thanks

Gavin

Another thing to look at is when you open the drawing; do you get a dialog box saying there are errors in the file? I know this has caused me not to be able to save before. If this is the case do a purge and an audit on the file (and you can type audit straight into the command line).

i was thinking that maybe a dialogue box has popped up but is hidden behind summat else - and hitting escape gets rid of it (?)

i was thinking that maybe a dialogue box has popped up but is hidden behind summat else - and hitting escape gets rid of it (?)

yes, it is very possible that the dialogue box is hidden behind the program window and hitting escape would make it freeze because it won't close that dialogue until you pick "OK" or the close button.

Following on from mikekmx'sline of thought, are you or have you been working on a dual monitor system and changed back to a single monitor? If so the dialogue box could be appearing where the second monitor used to be. If not try not maximising the AutoCAD window and then move it to the side to see if the dialogue box is being hidden.

I don't think it would come up behind something else unless he has dual screen. Even then by default it should come up in front of any windows he has open on that screen.