Isometric drawings

patlsu02

I'm using Autocad LT 2012. If I draw in an isometric view, is there a way to look at each direction to see the different views? For instance if I make a cube, can I hatch all six sides with different colors to show if I'm looking at the correct view?

LT has very limited 3D capability (some would argue it has none). Have you constructed your cube yet?

What size cube would you be creating and what units would you be working in?

In full AutoCAD the Solidedit command has an option for color, you can then apply a different color to different faces. See if that is available in LT.

Never mind, LT is very limited in regards to 3D.

You can align the UCS to a plane and use the hatch command.

LT has no 3D capabilities. You will have to draw all 6 sides on a flat plane like in the good ol' days.

LT has 3D capabilities but limited to wire frame.

LT is fully 3D, LT can view anything created in full autocad, what LT doesn't have is the tools that allow you to easily move around in 3D nor can you create or edit 3D solids or surfaces.

To look at all 6 surfaces directly you can pick them from the view menu '3D views', where you can also choose from the 4 isometric angles.

You can also use viewpoint presets and viewpoint, which will allow you to view from any angle you wish (though these are a bit awkward)

As for hatching each face you will need to set the ucs origin to be at the same plane as the surface you want to hatch, which you can do by typing 'ucs' and then pick a point on whatever object you have chosen to draw with, (lines, rectangle ?) you also need to rotate the ucs so that x and y are on the same plane as your surface. a hatch is always created at z=0 thats why you need to get the ucs onto the geometry. It's easier if you have used rectangles because now you can hatch and use the select object option. You will need to change the ucs origin and rotation for each face.

I don't know if it was available in 2012 LT but in 2013 LT you can click on the ucs icon and drag it about with grips, so you drag the origin to the lower left corner of each face then the grips for the x any y axis to the appropriate corners.