Revolve issue

wnguza

I'm new to solidworks and have been helping a cousin of mine who is studying MECHANICAL ENG.

We are trying to design the attached part in solidworks but are not getting it right.

Aproach used:

1. used revolved extrude mode to reduce the amount of stepsSolidworks.pdf.

2. When we try to create the three (Pic only shows two) arched spars ...this where we get stuck.

I have given the dimensions as best as I could.

I look forward to your comments.

Hi there;

I also had some trouble with this. What I did was to draw a sketch on a plane through the center of the part (see pic) and then make a revolved cut of that sketch. Use 'F7' to see a section view. I made the cut 360d to create the arch. Then I did the same thing again with only a 15d cut on each side. Since the whole sketch didn't register correctly, I did half the revolved cut and mirrored it. (more advanced users could probably explain the problem there). You can change the size of any sketch as you need. Then all you have to do is take the cut and do a circular array with three instances. I hope that helps.3_spar-mountingA.png

3_spar-mountingB.png

3_spar-mountingB.png