Print2CAD Software/ Convert Existing PDF drawing to DWG.

I would not trust any conversion program to be 100% accurate when it comes to scale. You pay your money; you take your chances. Test it for yourself then return here with your critique. We'll all be interested to read your in-depth evaluation.

I would not trust any conversion program to be 100% accurate when it comes to scale. You pay your money; you take your chances. Test it for yourself then return here with your critique. We'll all be interested to read your in-depth evaluation.

I tried to avoid to get cad drawing by being convert from other software due to the output accuracy, it seems stupid to spend hours tried to re-draw something that already install at the facility but I don’t have the original cad drawings from the vendors. I have not bought this software yet but I did try their free trail, well please see below for the picture, good news after converting I still have the lines and arcs, but text had been broken in pieces and can’t do DDEDIT BUT it is easy to make new text. As expect the scale changed, as you can see the on 1 to 1 drawing in PDF, 1” depth of stud after convert was 0.0383” and 7 1/4” became only.2867, now I will need to calculate scale factor to make them true size.

As expect the scale changed, as you can see the on 1 to 1 drawing in PDF, 1” depth of stud after convert was 0.0383” and 7 1/4” became only.2867, now I will need to calculate scale factor to make them true size.

Are you familiar with how to scale by reference?

This is an incredibly usefull trick.

Select all

Scale

Pick your basepoint.

When autocad asks for the scale factor, enter "r" for reference.

Pick the length of the stud that is 0.0383" and enter 1"

BAM you are done. No math involved.

Are you familiar with how to scale by reference?

This is an incredibly usefull trick.

Select all

Scale

Pick your basepoint.

When autocad asks for the scale factor, enter "r" for reference.

Pick the length of the stud that is 0.0383" and enter 1"

BAM you are done. No math involved.

ohh! that's true, i never thought of that, i have to give it a try, i have used scale ref before.

• 2 months later...

What I do is use "Inkscape". If the program was originally generated as a vector image, and then converted to a PDF, Inkscape will open it and then let me save it as a dxf. I often edit the PDF by deleting information not needed using the Redaction ability of Acrobat Professional (I'm actually using Acrobat Pro Extended, ver 9). If the file is not a vector image, Inkscape can trace it as a vector image. Once converted, i open the file in AutoCAD, save is as a dwg, close it and then re-open it in AutoCAD. I have to reopen it as sometimes the dxf doesn't look right. I don't worry about what it looks like until after it's been saved as a dwg and reopened (not sure why the change, but it seems to work).

Not every thing come out as one might hope, but it's 90% and only requires slight tweaking.

Inkscape also works good for logo's in PDF's that were originally eps files. It lets me convert them to dxf and bring them into CAD. I realize AutoCAD can use eps's, but this helps with logo when it's originally a PDF

• 1 year later...
sorry, tried to attach the image earlier but i can only do from attach command not by the pic. see below if you can

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43779[/ATTACH]

1mm = .0383". Was there a check box for whether it was drawn in metric or standard??

Zach

Guys, the last post in this thread was November 2013.

Do you really think I can write a comment but not read? I found this thread in a search, which I'm well aware nets old threads and I did see the dates, I also happened to have a bit of information about the topic so I shared it.

Zach571

If the age of this thread is an issue why don't the moderators delete it??

It is not our policy to delete old threads. They do serve a purpose. But since your reply contained a question to the OP, it was my belief that you did not check the post dates, otherwise, why would you have asked a question in such an old thread? And since another member jumped in offering more advice, I felt it necessary to mention the age of this thread. That is all.