colouring blocks

kippax

really simple this but I want to change the colour of some blocks. There are already some of this block in the drawing, but I am adding additional ones and want these to show up by changing the colour to red.

The blocks have been created in Layer 0, and inserted on another layer. When I highlight the blocks in question I can change the colour to Red, but even though the ribbon says otherwise they are still appearing in the original colour.

Cheers for the quick response, but if I do that then I will change the colour of ALL the blocks, not just the ones that I am adding.

Think I will just create a new layer for the additional blocks, that might be easiest.

Go into the block and set the lines to ByColor rather than ByLayer. Then you can import them into other layers and they will inherit the layer colour or you can manually override them with the properties drop down.

Or am I mis-understanding the question?

Go into the block and set the lines to ByColor rather than ByLayer. Then you can import them into other layers and they will inherit the layer colour or you can manually override them with the properties drop down.

Or am I mis-understanding the question?

I think you meant ByBlock instead of ByColor.

If you set the color of objects in a block definition to ByBlock, then they inherit whatever color you set the block insertion to.

Yes, that is precisely what I meant. Always go with what I mean rather than what I say!
:lol:Actually, I was a bit surprised you didn't go all the way and say ByColour!;)

I did spell colour correctly (for my country!) in the sentence but in my temporary madness I was aware everything is spelled US English on ACAD so I went with ByColor.

I can only say D'oh and roll on my holiday in 3 weeks.

I did spell colour correctly (for my country!) in the sentence but in my temporary madness I was aware everything is spelled US English on ACAD so I went with ByColor.

I can only say D'oh and roll on my holiday in 3 weeks.

You'd think they'd correct that in the regional version...

dJE