Cannot open multiple drawings and autorun LISP routines? ACAD2012, Win7 64bit

lamensterms

Hey guys,

I'm having an issue doing some batch processing.

My PC is Windows 7 64bit, running ACAD2012.

The LISP routines I am trying to run are pretty basic, ranging from PLOT&SAVE routines, to other routines which just execute a ProSteel command when the DWG is first opened - prompting the user for input.

I have been using these automated routines for quite a while on my old XP machine which had ACAD2010 without any issue.

I have tried adding the routines to the startup suite and alternatively to the ACADDOC.LSP file. Both methods produce the same results. The first drawing will open, and the routine will run fine. But as soon as I save and close that first drawing, the session freezes.

I wasn't sure if I should post this in the LISP section of the forum... as it may not be related to the LISP routines themselves... rather an issue with the SDI variable or something else.

Has anyone else been experiencing a similar issue?

Thanks for any help.

Gday ReMark,

Yes I can open multiple drawings, it just seems if there is an automated command issued immediately after opening... I get problems.

My current SDI setting is 0.

Thanks for the reply.

--------EDIT-----------

I should have posted this in the first post... but here is the crash message I get...

Multi DWG Crash.png

I also get this message at the command line (it appears in the blank 'Drawing 1' drawing which is opened upon starting ACAD)...

Command list interruption (0, 29).

Thanks again.

Funnily enough, I got absolutely nothing from google for those error codes (tried searching together and separately). Normally the codes at least provide a hint.

I had never seen the command list interruption before this current machine/setup either. It's a tricky one because I can't be sure if it's an issue caused by ACAD2012 or Win7.

I guess it's also worth noting that I can successfully run all these routines in question if I have the drawing open first... I only get the issue when they are set to run on startup.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply ReMark.

• 2 months later...

Well, after a couple of months of Windows updates and such, this is still an issue. Has anyone ever experienced this before?

Thanks for any help.