ETRANSMIT issues

jaredmccullough

I am having troubles making a drawing available to an external consultant. My drawing has 12 XREF files so I created an ETRANSMIT (.zip) file and sent it to him with all the drawings. He extracted the .zip into a folder and is able to view the 12 various referenced drawings as well as the layers pertaining to drawing I sent to him but can not see the referenced in drawings in this file.

He keeps getting this error: "One or more referenced files could not be located or read. Number of missing referenced files: 12".

Can anyone give me some insight? Maybe me sending someone my file would be the easiest approach.............

Say I was to just bind everything into the "Main File" what changes would I have to make to the "Layer Filter" to ensure that the layers from the referenced in files would not show up?

In the case of what you are saying all he would have to do is use the "XREF" command and reload them or will have to actually load them in from the file?

Anyway you would be interested in taking a quick look?

To get round the initial problem tell him to repath the xrefs to the same file in wherever he's unzipped them to.

If you decide to go down the binding route you'd need to create/amend a layer filter to ~*$0$*

If you have any other filters that reference | change that character to $0$ (a bar, |, in a layer name indicates that it's xref-dependant, with the file name being before the bar and the layer name after. Similarly $0$ indicates a bound xref)

dJE

To get round the initial problem tell him to repath the xrefs to the same file in wherever he's unzipped them to.

If you decide to go down the binding route you'd need to create/amend a layer filter to ~*$0$*

If you have any other filters that reference | change that character to $0$ (a bar, |, in a layer name indicates that it's xref-dependant, with the file name being before the bar and the layer name after. Similarly $0$ indicates a bound xref) dJE

I just binded them being that the consultant really only needs them for a one time use and does not need the XREF to update as changes are made.

Do you feel this was the best option. Also is it going to hurt anything that I left the filter in for All except XREFs as well?

And secondly do you think they is any problems I am going to run into? And do I still need to send this as an ETRANSMIT File since I have bound the XREFERENCES??

• 2 years later...

Hi,

We are having a problem with files sizes when etransmitting from Civil 3D with Data Shortcuts, when activate etransmit command, it asks to save drawing, then the file size is eg 25MB. But when you qsave before activating the etransmit - it takes forever and the file size goes up to 300MB.

Does anyone ever had this before?