Last Civil Command shorcut?

adrath

So at work, we're starting the transition from Land Desktop to Civil 3D (finally!). I learned Civil 3D in school, but I've gotten pretty used to land desktop after working with it for the past year. One feature that I really tend to rely on is the 'ldd' shortcut, where the command 'ldd' recalls the last active land desktop command (i.e. label bearing, inquiry station/offset, etc.)

I know you can pin all kinds of stuff with Civil 3D and keep things quickly accessible by just mousing over them, but I personally really like to key-type my commands (Oooh, a keyboard! How quaint!:P).

So I'm wondering if there's a Civil 3D equivalent to the LDD shortcut where you type in a few letters and it recalls the last Civil 3D command for you. Anyone know of anything?

A few different ways.

Right-Click in the drawing and select "Recent Input". This gives you a lot of the latest commands you used.

OR

Hit the Up Arrow and it will cycle through the most recent commands.

OR

There is also the option of typing in the first few letters of the command and hitting tab will cycle through all the commands that start with whatever you typed.

You can also just hit ENTER, or SPACEBAR to invoke the last command, as Civil 3D actually uses Commands for most Civil 3D specific functions, rather that repeatedly redefining an LDD Command.

Also, AutoCAD 2012+ now includes 'auto-complete' suggestions... Just start typing the/a Command. :thumbsup: