Scaling problem

ste_clectic

Hi guys.

I've been given a floor plan of a building which I need to populate with smoke detectors. The smoke detectors are larger than the entire building. I've used the same smoke detectors on other floor plans and they've always been scaled properly.

Any ideas? I'm a complete newb here.

Also, I notice the floorplan is 1:250@A3

Is INSUNITS set to a value of "0"? If not try that first.

Do you know what the diameter of the smoke detector is? Assuming you do you could scale the overly large smoke detector (previously inserted) and scale it using the Reference option. Do you know how to do that?

I don't want to scale the smoke as I need to use it with other floor plans (which scale correctly).

I just realized I was in paper view, in model view the smoke is scaled perfectly. The problem I now have is that I can't see my title block in model view even though the layer is turned on.

I need to add the symbols to the legend in the title block. I can't do that if the symbols are huge. I'm going to get my friend to look at it for me. Appreciate the help.

Cheers

I need to add the symbols to the legend in the title block. I can't do that if the symbols are huge. I'm going to get my friend to look at it for me. Appreciate the help.

Cheers

copy a modelspace symbol then changespace the symbol to bring it to paperspace.....it will be automatically scaled to appear the same size

Cheers

Why not use a second viewport to create the legend. I usually create all my legends in model space to avoid scaling in the layout tab.