Dynamic Stretch Spacing

tzframpton

I'm inquiring to see if there's a LISP roaming around that allows you to select equally spaced 2D objects (usually identical objects) then stretch them along any axis with the cursor, maintaining an equal distance as you lengthen or shorten the overall distance. I'm not looking to use the current Array function as it's cumbersome, but if a good Macro or equivalent exists to make my life easier on this, I'd surely but up to it as well.

Hopefully that made sense. Thanks in advance!! :)

That certainly sounds familiar I just can't recall where I saw a dynamic block like that. I'm kind of surprised you did not find one yourself. You tend to be pretty resourceful.

Maybe over at the AUGI website?

That certainly sounds familiar I just can't recall where I saw a dynamic block like that. I'm kind of surprised you did not find one yourself. You tend to be pretty resourceful.

Maybe over at the AUGI website?

I'm not looking for a dynamic block.... just want to select entities and stretch. Say, four circles spaced 1" apart (4" total). Select them and pick the first circle cen pt1 then the last circle cen pt2 then stretch to 8", all four circles would be now 2" apart.

And I've searched online with Google on this site and a couple others and can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I'm positive it exists though.

Once again, it sounds awfully familiar but I just can't recall where I may have come across something like that unless it was one of Lee Mac's custom lisp routines. Maybe his Dynamic Offset routine?

I would suggest you work with the array command and get familiar with it. What you want to do is pretty easy with the associative array properties. I like OOTB solutions rather than the add ons, but that is just me.

Try the following Tannar:

([color=BLUE]defun[/color] c:myarray ( [color=BLUE]/[/color] a b d i l o p q s v )
   ([color=BLUE]if[/color]
       ([color=BLUE]and[/color]
           ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] s ([color=BLUE]ssget[/color] [color=MAROON]"_:L"[/color]))
           ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] p ([color=BLUE]getpoint[/color] [color=MAROON]"\nSpecify start point of array: "[/color]))
           ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] q ([color=BLUE]getpoint[/color] p [color=MAROON]"\nSpecify ent point of array: "[/color]))
       )
       ([color=BLUE]progn[/color]
           ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] v ([color=BLUE]mapcar[/color] '[color=BLUE]-[/color] q p))
           ([color=BLUE]repeat[/color] ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] i ([color=BLUE]sslength[/color] s))
               ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] o ([color=BLUE]vlax-ename->vla-object[/color] ([color=BLUE]ssname[/color] s ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] i ([color=BLUE]1-[/color] i)))))
               ([color=BLUE]vla-getboundingbox[/color] o 'a 'b)
               ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] l
                   ([color=BLUE]cons[/color]
                       ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] o
                           ([color=BLUE]mapcar[/color] '([color=BLUE]lambda[/color] ( a b ) ([color=BLUE]/[/color] ([color=BLUE]+[/color] a b) 2.0))
                               ([color=BLUE]vlax-safearray->list[/color] a)
                               ([color=BLUE]vlax-safearray->list[/color] b)
                           )
                       )
                       l
                   )
               )
           )
               ([color=BLUE]vl-sort[/color] l
                  '([color=BLUE]lambda[/color] ( a b )
                       ([color=BLUE]<[/color]  ([color=BLUE]caddr[/color] ([color=BLUE]trans[/color] ([color=BLUE]cdr[/color] a) 0 v))
                           ([color=BLUE]caddr[/color] ([color=BLUE]trans[/color] ([color=BLUE]cdr[/color] b) 0 v))
                       )
                   )
               )
           )
           ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] n ([color=BLUE]if[/color] ([color=BLUE]cdr[/color] l) ([color=BLUE]1-[/color] ([color=BLUE]length[/color] l)) 1.0)
                 v ([color=BLUE]mapcar[/color] '[color=BLUE]/[/color] v ([color=BLUE]list[/color] n n n))
                 p ([color=BLUE]mapcar[/color] '[color=BLUE]+[/color] ([color=BLUE]cdar[/color] l) v)
           )
           ([color=BLUE]foreach[/color] x ([color=BLUE]cdr[/color] l)
               ([color=BLUE]vlax-invoke[/color] ([color=BLUE]car[/color] x) 'move ([color=BLUE]cdr[/color] x) p)
               ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] p ([color=BLUE]mapcar[/color] '[color=BLUE]+[/color] p v))
           )
       )
   )
   ([color=BLUE]princ[/color])
)
([color=BLUE]vl-load-com[/color]) ([color=BLUE]princ[/color])

• 10 months later...
Try the following Tannar:

([color=BLUE]defun[/color] c:myarray ( [color=BLUE]/[/color] a b d i l o p q s v )
   ([color=BLUE]if[/color]
       ([color=BLUE]and[/color]
           ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] s ([color=BLUE]ssget[/color] [color=MAROON]"_:L"[/color]))
           ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] p ([color=BLUE]getpoint[/color] [color=MAROON]"\nSpecify start point of array: "[/color]))
           ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] q ([color=BLUE]getpoint[/color] p [color=MAROON]"\nSpecify ent point of array: "[/color]))
       )
       ([color=BLUE]progn[/color]
           ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] v ([color=BLUE]mapcar[/color] '[color=BLUE]-[/color] q p))
           ([color=BLUE]repeat[/color] ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] i ([color=BLUE]sslength[/color] s))
               ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] o ([color=BLUE]vlax-ename->vla-object[/color] ([color=BLUE]ssname[/color] s ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] i ([color=BLUE]1-[/color] i)))))
               ([color=BLUE]vla-getboundingbox[/color] o 'a 'b)
                   ([color=BLUE]cons[/color]
                       ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] o
                           ([color=BLUE]mapcar[/color] '([color=BLUE]lambda[/color] ( a b ) ([color=BLUE]/[/color] ([color=BLUE]+[/color] a b) 2.0))
                               ([color=BLUE]vlax-safearray->list[/color] a)
                               ([color=BLUE]vlax-safearray->list[/color] b)
                           )
                       )
                       l
                   )
               )
           )
               ([color=BLUE]vl-sort[/color] l
                  '([color=BLUE]lambda[/color] ( a b )
                       ([color=BLUE]<[/color]  ([color=BLUE]caddr[/color] ([color=BLUE]trans[/color] ([color=BLUE]cdr[/color] a) 0 v))
                           ([color=BLUE]caddr[/color] ([color=BLUE]trans[/color] ([color=BLUE]cdr[/color] b) 0 v))
                       )
                   )
               )
           )
           ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] n ([color=BLUE]if[/color] ([color=BLUE]cdr[/color] l) ([color=BLUE]1-[/color] ([color=BLUE]length[/color] l)) 1.0)
                 v ([color=BLUE]mapcar[/color] '[color=BLUE]/[/color] v ([color=BLUE]list[/color] n n n))
                 p ([color=BLUE]mapcar[/color] '[color=BLUE]+[/color] ([color=BLUE]cdar[/color] l) v)
           )
           ([color=BLUE]foreach[/color] x ([color=BLUE]cdr[/color] l)
               ([color=BLUE]vlax-invoke[/color] ([color=BLUE]car[/color] x) 'move ([color=BLUE]cdr[/color] x) p)
               ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] p ([color=BLUE]mapcar[/color] '[color=BLUE]+[/color] p v))
           )
       )
   )
   ([color=BLUE]princ[/color])
)
([color=BLUE]vl-load-com[/color]) ([color=BLUE]princ[/color])

Wow! It works like charm!... It has only one little flaw: in random UCS it does somewhat unexpected results

Wow! It works like charm!... It has only one little flaw: in random UCS it does somewhat unexpected results

Thanks! The following may solve the UCS issue, but I have not thoroughly tested it:

(defun c:myarray ( / a b d i l o p q s v )
   (if
       (and
           (setq s (ssget "_:L"))
           (setq p (getpoint "\nSpecify start point of array: "))
           (setq q (getpoint p "\nSpecify end point of array: "))
       )
       (progn
           (setq v (trans (mapcar '- q p) 1 0 t))
           (repeat (setq i (sslength s))
               (setq o (vlax-ename->vla-object (ssname s (setq i (1- i)))))
               (vla-getboundingbox o 'a 'b)
               (setq l
                   (cons
                       (cons o
                           (mapcar '(lambda ( a b ) (/ (+ a b) 2.0))
                               (vlax-safearray->list a)
                               (vlax-safearray->list b)
                           )
                       )
                       l
                   )
               )
           )
           (setq l
               (vl-sort l
                  '(lambda ( a b )
                       (<  (caddr (trans (cdr a) 0 v))
                           (caddr (trans (cdr b) 0 v))
                       )
                   )
               )
           )
           (setq n (if (cdr l) (1- (length l)) 1.0)
                 v (mapcar '/ v (list n n n))
                 p (mapcar '+ (cdar l) v)
           )
           (foreach x (cdr l)
               (vlax-invoke (car x) 'move (cdr x) p)
               (setq p (mapcar '+ p v))
           )
       )
   )
   (princ)
)
(vl-load-com) (princ)