Help with flip - BE error "Circular Reference in action / parameter selection set"

rajeev_acpl

Hi,

I am trying to make a dynamic door block. Problem is that the flip action not working properly. I know that i need to select ALL while making a selection for flip action, but the BE gives an error message that there is a circular reference in selected parameters and actions and i need to make a different selection. What i am missing?

Door.dwg

Could you describe what you are doing when this error occurs, it doesn't show up by itself in the block, there are a few things that could be altered but you are doing well so far. Does the error occur in one vis state and which flip action

Thanks Steven for your reply. Actually the problem was occuring when i was trying to select objects for FLIP action. When i was trying to select ALL objects, the above error message was shown.

Though i was able to get past it as i built the block from scratch but with a workaround. I added a few parameters and actions and than added the flip parameters and actions. Everything went well but when alignment and rotation parameter was added, the above message occured again (upon selecting a new set for flip action). So i modified the flip action selection set and manually picked the last two parameters.

One thing i noticed is the action for FLIP parameter 2 is renamed as FLIP3 and it might be the cause of error.

The name of the action shouldn't be a problem. I still cannot reproduce the error you are getting. Can you describe exactly how you are getting this error, Which visibility state is active, are all objects on all visibility states turned on, or just the ones on the active visibility state, which of the flip actions are you working with, how are you selecting objects. Can you make some screen shots of the error ?