Xref problem

6tee7

Please excuse me if I am in the wrong section, but I am a newbie.

I am having trouble with a locked xref. I would like to unlock it so that I can modify for my mechanical drawing.

The architectural drawing is provided in xref form from the architect and he has not left it open.

Is there a simple way I can unlock it so that I can modify it without going back to the arch?

I am currently using 2008.

Again, sorry if I am in the wrong section.

Usually, if the architect is providing backgrounds, the architect makes the changes and sends them to you. Unless you are talking about changing the properties of the layers/objects to conform to you companies plot style.

What do you mean by locked?

Hi, there!

is it possible to view the object (in group) in the viewport "display as a box" mode (same in 3dsmax)?

Because one of the 3d objects in the schene is too sophisticated, and the viewport's operations are very slow...

thx

WLF

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the delay in getting back. I thought I had fixed the issue.

You are correct in that the Architect supplies the building xref for me and I want to change the line weights in the xref because when I print the drawing, their line weights are heavier than what I have drawn and "drown" my components out .

Re Mark you are also correct this is only 2D

Thanks in advance

Also should have added that I can explode the drawing and change the drawing in total to my line weight by the Match Properties tool but as the drawing is write protected I cant save the changes!

It’s strange you can explode it but not save it.

I didn’t even know you can write protect a drawing please correct me if I’m wrong ?

I know it can be locked that’s for sure and if you do not bind the Xrefto the drawing then you will need to open the Xref to edit it other than that I can’t help you.

Maybe you can attached the drawing for us to see what’s wrong, you can email the drawing if you don’t want to attach it here ok ?

Sparky,

Sorry, having a really bad day at the screen:cry:

The drawing was open in another folder and was coming up as a read only file and I was trying to edit it there.

Thanks for your quick reply and feeling very embarrassed!