AutoCAD 2014 Workspace

Sparky

I am upgrading from ASD 2013 to ASD 2014 and I cannot get my custom workspace to save. Every time I close AutoCAD the workspace defaults back to ASD; when I reopen I have to go back to options and set to current my custom workspace. The user profile was imported from ASD 2013.

Thanks for any help!

If you're changing it in "Options" then I believe that's a "profile" you're changing, not a workspace. In which case, I wonder if you're opening ASD with a shortcut that includes a profile switch.

Startup switches for AutoCAD

Nestly, you were correct. I had to change the "profile name" in the target under the AutoCAD shortcut properties. Thanks for your help.

Glad you got it sorted out. If desired, you can remove the profile switch entirely from the shortcut and ASD will start using the same profile that was current when you last exited, which I think is what you probably expected to happen in the first place.

• 10 months later...

How do I add an existing workspace cui i.e. "3D MODELING" to the "Workspace" selections?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Software AutoCAD MEP 2014

Welcome to Cadtutor.

"3D Modeling" is a workspace that's typically associated with vanilla AutoCAD, it's not particularly useful within the AMEP environment.

Unless you need the both AMEP's inteligent objects and a "3D Modeling" ribbon, perhaps you can just run it as "AutoCAD" not AutoCAD MEP, in which case the 3D Modeling workspace will already be there.

From the Windows Start Menu (or the Autodesk programs group), you should see both AutoCAD2014 and AutoCAD MEP 2014... choose the former.