How to upload DWG file or Inventor file on the thread via CADTutor?

Sengna

This is quite stupid to ask, i was trying to upload one of my drawing via my thread but i won't be able to upload, i have no problem uploading the image. the error message came up as shown below, was it because the file is too big? It's inventor (iam file).

upload error.JPG

The IAM extesnion seems to don't be included in the list of supported file types for upload on Forum - may see in Advanced Editor, close to Manage Attachements button. A work-around will be to create a ZIP archive from it. Please pay attention that there is also a size limit.

An assembly file (*.iam) is useless without part files (*.ipt).

Place all files in a single folder.

Right click on the folder name and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Attach the resulting *.zip file here.

If the *.zip is too large to attach here you will first need to roll up the End of Part markers in the ipt files before zipping.

One could always use either a DropBox or Google Drive folder for sharing a file to the forum. Then add the link in your post and there you go. This way you can share any type of file and almost no file size limitations (other than those of DropBox and Google Drive).