Parts with keyed notches - mates and constraints

phaset

First post, hopefully I've not jumped in too quickly. I looked through the archives first.

Intro

I have some metal parts that fit together simply with a keyed notch in each part, held in place via gravity. The parts are perpendicular to each other. When I first draw them for an assembly, I use simple rectangular notches and coincident mate the bottom faces of the notches. This is fine for a schematic assembly.

Question 1

Now, for real parts cut via laser or waterjet and mated, the notches must be slightly oversized and the inner corners of the notches must be filleted. I've been able to partially constrain the "real" components with the "width" mate after this operation, but I cannot figure out how to mate the fillets, which touch each other at four points. How should I mate these notches?

Question 2

I'd like to drive the notch depths to automatically account for the spacing needed due to the additional height resulting from the fillet intersections. Any thoughts on how to do this?

Appreciate any help you can offer. I'm using SW 2013 primarily.