MSLTspace or PSLTspace

Glen1980

As mentioned in another thread I'm setting out a basic cad manual and I want to correct some mistakes that a predessor made (or maybe find out why he did it and not consider it a mistake :lol:)

Firstly when we first transitioned to Autocad from another cad programme my predessor who had used AutoCAD for years told us to draw at one unit to one milimetre, then to set the linetype scale for the drawing, then to run PSLTscale and set it to 1, regenarating if necessary. This worked well for a while but then a colleague had a problem with an x-reffed drawing not displaying properly so we were then told to draw at LTS 1 and to individually change linetypes using properties.

I find this to be a massive PITA and a nightmare when you want to change scales of details etc as you have to select the lines you want rather than changing the lts of the drawing. Then on the forums I have seen people talking about MSLTscale and was wondering what people use for their drawings?

WIth LTSCALE to 0.5 or one the standard AutoCAD linetypes aren't visible on a 1:50 or 1:100 drawing even when using the ISO linetype. Am I doing something wrong or are your drawings to a must higher detail/smaller scale?

Actually when I set both msltscale and psltscale to 1 it works quite well. :facepalm: When I played with msltscale before I must have had psltscale on 0.

In my mind one unit is one millimeter (or one inch) anything else is not cricket, but I know most people don't agree. But I have never quite got line scales worked out, usually just guess work and try again till it looks good. So I'll look into those variables for my own sanity.

In my mind one unit is one millimeter (or one inch) anything else is not cricket, but I know most people don't agree. But I have never quite got line scales worked out, usually just guess work and try again till it looks good. So I'll look into those variables for my own sanity.

I generally don't have arguments about 1 unit to 1 mill but we do have heated arguments about the psltscale as people get into the "I've always done it that way" frame of mind. I'm trying to find a way that is easy to set up and quick to draw with and doesn't get involve much thinking when drawing so you can concentrate on how the building goes together.

Definitely a PITA. ReMark hit it for my setup, as is most setups for AutoCAD users.

MSLTSCALE and PSLTSCALE are on/off toggle variables (1 = on, 0 = off). LTSCALE sets the literal scale in generating the viewable linetype definitions (dashes, dots, spaces, ziggy zags, etc). CELTSCALE is when you select an object and make a change in Properties, which is the "PITA" part. This should not ever be needed but in very rare cases where you simply need an object override. So monkey with the three variables that ReMark has noted and see what works best for you.

8)

Definitely a PITA. ReMark hit it for my setup, as is most setups for AutoCAD users.

MSLTSCALE and PSLTSCALE are on/off toggle variables (1 = on, 0 = off). LTSCALE sets the literal scale in generating the viewable linetype definitions (dashes, dots, spaces, ziggy zags, etc). CELTSCALE is when you select an object and make a change in Properties, which is the "PITA" part. This should not ever be needed but in very rare cases where you simply need an object override. So monkey with the three variables that ReMark has noted and see what works best for you.

8)

I also keep my setup at 1, 1, .5. I also have to overide individual ltscales, usually it's for hidden and center lines in a detail viewported at 1:1 scale.