Creating Smooth Transition Between Line Segments

Pandabear2013

I am a first time Autocad user and have spent most of yesterday trying to work through this issue but am still not able to perform this. I have attached an image which on the lower part of the lines shows arcs with large radii which transition to parallel lines in the upper part of the image. Where the two meet there is an abrupt change in angle which I wish to have as a smooth transition from the gradual change in angle of the arcing lines to the parallel straight lines.

If anyone can help out with this I would greatly appreciate it.

pic1.jpg

This is how the transition between the line segments should look.

output.jpg

output2.jpg

Edited by Pandabear2013

Have you done a regen whilst zoomed in? Acad tends to simplify curved entites when zoomed in closely (ie Arcs are shown segmented). If this is the case then type VIEWRES and set to a large number (20000 is the limit if I recall)

I think it could be done but I'm not sure it would be worth all the trouble.

Explode the polyline that includes the polyline arc segment. Now join everything back up using the PEdit command. Then use the Fillet command.

Thank you everyone for your input on this. I have attached a couple more images of the problem I'm trying to remedy. Hopefully this will make it more clear of what I'm trying to accomplish and the problems I'm having. In the example file the arc transitions smoothly into the straight segments of road, however when I attempt to recreate this I am getting a bulging arc and cannot figure out how to reproduce the line segments correctly.

outputdesired.jpg

bad.jpg

Did you get that effect using BLEND?

Blend doesn't seem to be doing anything. I did get the fillet to work but I'm still not getting the desired effect. Maybe if someone could walk me through how to achieve the curvature in the example image with the two line segments at either end's position fixed that would be best. Adjusting the radius of the arc in between the two line segments doesn't seem to be the right approach. I just started using Autocad yesterday.

bulging.jpg

Perhaps you could check the Help on BLEND and see how it should work. You have to have two end points, which means shortening your line and curve, and it will blend in a join line. If your two lines actually meet, then it cannot do anything.

Finally, thank you very much for your patience and assistance. I do have a follow up question on this as well if you don't mind. I have a series of parallel lines that will be connected using the blend command. I would like the spacing between these lines to remain constant. Would you mind suggesting to me the best way to go about this?

An image file is attached below. I think I've figured it out with offset. I guess Autocad is more intelligent than I expected. Thanks again for your help.

spacing.jpg