TOLERANCE

sentinel

hello again. need help here...

is there a command to trace and know the disconnected lines because I want to hatch. I cannot trace, the drawing is too small...even if I zoom, cannot be seen.

Is it possible to connect the lines that are disconnected.

What is the tool/command or short way to do it?

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckyfonts

• dbroada

• sentinel

• CarlB

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i believe what you're looking for is "overkill", itll ask to select objects... select all. but watch out because all redundant lines will be merged, deleted, or replaced

You may also try the Region or the Boundary commands. To help "trace" figures.

You can change the gap tolerance for the hatch command also depending on what you want your final result to be.

From the Hatch help file:

Gap Tolerance
Sets the maximum size of  gaps that can be ignored when objects are used as a hatch boundary. The default  value, 0, specifies that the objects must enclose the area with no gaps.
Specify a boundary gap tolerance value <0>: [i]Enter a value, in drawing units, from 0 to 5000 [/i]
Any gaps equal to or  smaller than the value you specify in the gap tolerance are ignored, and the  boundary is treated as closed.

Glen

PEDIT, Enter, Multiple, Enter, select many, Enter, Join, Enter, fuzz distance (enter an amount that makes sense for what you are doing, how large a gap do you expect) EX: .1 Enter, enter