Stretch a block with make object wider

below_gravity

Hello, been lurking for a long, long time. Finally, asking a question.

I am working on CAD 2010 Civil 3D. I have a block object that I would like to make wider, but not taller. How can I do that. (Right now block is 6" wide. I'd like it to be 2-feet wide, but not change with height).

Thank you!

Insert the block with non-uniform scaling. When the Insert dialog box is open first clear the checkmark in the box for Uniform Scale then enter your X and Y scales.

Without seeing the block and knowing what sort of geometry is involved I would try, either opening the block in the block editor and stretch it there, or select the block and change the y-scale property in the properties palette, if that option is not allowed ie. the block doesn't allow scaling, then again there are 2 options open it in block editor and change the properties to allow scaling, or create a new block (a nested block), and set that one to allow scaling. If that doesn't work as needed then maybe post a copy of the block.

If the scale factor is easily calculated (24 ÷ 6 = 4) simply use the Properties palette to change the scaling (X in this case). If the calculation isn't easy, use SCALE > [R]eference to resize the whole block, then use the Properties Palette to change the scaling that wasn't supposed to be altered back to "1"

ScaleBlock.gif