How do you rotate ordinates on the drawing?

jjar

Our company prefers that, in case there are many close together ordinates in a detailed drawing, the ordinates that go left to right are displayed rotated 90 degrees. I notice that Inventor's way of dealing with this is to decrease text size but can they instead be rotated?

dim text.jpg

jjar, you can edit that in the Style and Standard Editor (see red circled option in attached pic). Open that by right clicking on the dimension you want to change and selecting "Edit Dimension Style". You should then be able to copy properties to any other dimensions you want to change (in that session). What we did were I work was set up a second dim style for this rotated text, otherwise I think you just wind up having to edit it each time which can get tedious. You would have to do that in default mode in whatever template you use.