AutoCAD 2013 - how to do simple SCANLINE Render (not Mental Ray Global Illumination)

PRSS

Hello Every body

I am a veteran AutoCAD user since Release R13. From Versions R14 & upto Version AutoCAD 2006, these offered a way to do photo raytrace renders in a simple manner with scanline renders which were quite quick & with proper material assignments & lighting gave pretty good renders which highly satisfied my type of clients.

But since Version 2007 & upto today's 2014 version, I see only Mental Ray renderer. I do not need this. I wish to have my old scanline rendering in AutoCAD 2013 / 2014. I wish to have Photo Raytracing than Photo Real (old AutoCAD 2006 render terms).

I am sure there is a way to do this but I could not figure it out myself - with the result I am pushed to do 3D in Sketchup & render in Kerkythea which offers scan line rendering.

I would very much like to be back in AutoCAD for 3d modelling & rendering.

Because the entire world seems to have switched over to BIM, the simple AutoCAD rendering seems to be dead.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

PRSS

Hello again!

I posted this question without any great expectations to get an answer ! And I have been proved right by not getting any replies so far. May be scanline rendering is dead. (3ds Max/Design still supports it). Why AutoCAD has not given this choice and forcing Mental Ray alone is unknown to me (or may be this option is hidden somewhere in an invisible place - could not figure it out to the best of my knowledge.). None of the AutoCAD tutorials on the web mention anything about scan line render in present day AutoCAD.

I now take it that no one in this forum does scanline renders in AutoCAD anymore. So I now treat this thread as closed.

Thanks to every body who at least read my post !

With best regards

PRSS