DCL versus Forms

Costinbos77

Hello!

A beginner question, how can define a function Form, or stick two Forms as in the DCL example below ?

// DCL

[color=blue]F2D-3D[/color] : column {
. . . 
} // end F2D-3D

[color=blue]FOk-Cancel-Help[/color] : column {
. . . 
} // end FOk-Cancel-Help

[color=blue]CERC[/color] : [color=red]dialog [/color]{ label = "  Program  ZZZZ"
[color=blue]F2D-3D[/color] ;
[color=blue]FOk-Cancel-Help[/color] ;
} // end CERC

Thank you.

Costin

Well, in .NET you have several options... You can use the built-in AutoCAD Forms, design a custom Form, or instead use a TaskDialog as I've done here, in my Warn Before Exit plug-in, which contextually provides user options when QUIT Command is invoked:

Standard QUIT:

attachment.php?attachmentid=93876&d=1383311083

Same app; QUIT while in Block Editor:

attachment.php?attachmentid=93877&d=1383311103

HTH

• 4 weeks later...

If you're referring to DCL's method of making re-usable tiles, then you can do something similar in DotNet (though I don't think it's possible in VBA). Here's a tut on making DotNet Custon UI Components: http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/ehtesham.dotnet/how-to-create-a-custom-control/

Note it's a lot more work than naming a collection of DCL tiles so you can reuse them later. But the DotNet custom control is more capable and you can do a lot more with it.