Automatic Draw Order Settings?

Is there any way to have more control over the Draw Order? "Move to the Back," "Bring Annotation to Front" etc. is so clumsy and not precise.

PhotoShop has a whole Layers palette where you can drag certain layers above others. Right now I'm tearing my hair out because my Electricity layer keeps getting hidden behind the Furniture Layer which must also contend with the Flooring Layer... Isn't there a setting to do this permanently??? :x

To permanently set up which layers will automatically be above or below other ones?

I'd want something like this...

- Text layers

- Dim Layers

- Electrical symbols

- Electrical appliances

- Furniture

- Wall Cladding

- Flooring

BOTTOM

Now that your eyes and horizons have been expanded to appreciate the power of LISP,

don't forget to find some time to browse through Lee's library of wonderful tools. :)

I've only ever had to play with Display Order on rare occasions for hatches and wipeouts. I know in CNC it can have an affect on the programs that run the machinery.

What is the purpose for controlling this in Architecture/MEP?

Are you printing in color?

WOOOAAAHH!!!!!!!!

:bows humbly:

This is the first LISP I've ever used... it's awesome! Thank you Dadgad and Lee!

You should probably be aware of the following options for the system variable DRAWORDERCTL,

just by way of information...

draworderctl options.jpg

I've only ever had to play with Display Order on rare occasions for hatches and wipeouts. I know in CNC it can have an affect on the programs that run the machinery.

What is the purpose for controlling this in Architecture/MEP?

Are you printing in color?

Beuller... Beuller... Beuller...