Presspull - Changing pattern

casho88

Hello,

I have drawn a plan of a house. I used the presspull command to lift the exterior walls 3m. The problem I am facing is when I attempt to lift the internal walls, there is a grid pattern that forms, whereas no pattern has appeared on the external.

Can someone please tell me why this is? I have looked through properties but I can't seem to change the pattern. My exposure to Cad is little so advice would be appreciated. I am using AutoCAD 2014.

Thank you

300114.dwg

You should clean up your wall lines, so that the interior walls raise up with the exterior walls at the same time. You have your interior walls dead ending at the exterior walls. It's not suppose to be like that.

But first, you need to figure out why your whole building rose up like a rectangle.

Thank you for the pointers. When you say dead ending, can you expand? How are they supposed to be drawn?

I'm not sure how you created the rectangle problem. I didn't spend much time on it. You should be able to resolve it pretty quick though.

About the wall lines, where the int wall meets the ext wall, delete the line at the end of the int wall so that they are joined together. you'll get it. Use the Trim command

3DWallExt.jpg

You don't have to clean up the interior wall intersections. All you have to do when using PressPull is pick inside the two polylines that make up your exterior wall. I think you may have done something different.

The result you see above required no changes to your original 2D linework.

I think you may want to check the height you are using for your walls.

After rereading your initial post it dawned on me that you raised the walls "3 meters". Did you know that you were using an imperial template and not a metric template? The default units setting is Decimal inches. You should have started your drawing using the acadiso.dwt (metric template file) instead of acad.dwt (imperial template file).

Edited by ReMark

3DWallInt.jpg

Interior walls added. The technique I used was a little different. I decided to close off all the open ends with lines, used the PEDIT command to create and join the lines as polylines then used the Extrude command to give them the same height as your exterior walls.

Now it is just a matter of punching holes in our walls for doors and windows. The PressPull command should do nicely.

I did not save my copy of your drawing. I kept it just long enough to create the images I posted above.

The process is not complicated; you just have to pay attention to what you are doing.

Did you read my comment re: drawing file template?

Hi ReMark, yes I think the problem was on my plan, I had drawn lines over lines which meant I could not pedit the individual lines into a polyline. I cleaned my lines up and the pattern has disappeared. Thank you for your help!