Electrical scheme using blocks and attributes

drazen007

Hello, I'm student from Croatia, need some help with my exam, hope somebody can explain this to me.

We had exam few days ago, it was something like this. Draw electrical scheme using block attributes which is 16cm away from left side. Here is the picture :

schema.jpg

Can someone explain to me how should I draw this with blocks?

Thanks!

The antenna, ground, variable resistor, headphone, etc. would all be blocks. Create your blocks on layer "0". This will ensure that when they are inserted into your drawing they will take on the color and linetype of the layer they are inserted on. I'm assuming the attributes in this case are the names shown in your diagram unless you were given further information.

Maybe I don't understand block or something. I was looking tutorials on youtube. So I need to draw this simbols and make them blocks or what? Thank you for your time to answer me.

Draw the symbol then use the BLOCK command to turn it into a block. The next time you need that symbol you do not have to draw it again. Instead you just INSERT a block that represents the symbol. The instructions however lead me to believe you must also include at least one attribute in your block. Do you know how to create a block that has an attribute? Yes or no?

I know how to create block with attribute, only thing that confused me was, do I need to draw symbols than make it as blocks or somehthing else...

So every symbol needs to be as one block. Only one more question, from where would you start if you need to draw this picture and why?

Thanks!

Yes you need to draw it first, I can see why it seems strange, but just think when you start work you will do this every day, so in order to save time, when you have done a drawing you can make parts of it into a block (not the whole drawing) just the components. So you select the lines and arcs that make a component and use the block command to save that symbol with a name, then tomorrow or next week you can use the insert command to place the components in your drawing saving lots of time. It is also much easier when you need to move things about. And you don't do it for everything, you only make blocks if you know it is something that will be needed again later.

When you make a block, the dialogue will also ask you to pick an insertion point, so choose a point that is going to be a connection point in your wiring.

Every UNIQUE symbol needs to be a block. Draw once - use many, many times.

If I were to draw that diagram I would create all the blocks first. Then I would place my first block, draw the lines or polylines that go to the next block, insert that one, and continue on in the same manner until done. Some people insert all their blocks first then connect them up. Pick a method you are comfortable with and stick with it.

Ok thanks guys, it was strange to me why I need to make blocks when it's easy to draw everything simple and fast, I get it now. Now I need to practice.

You create blocks because you do NOT want to redraw the symbol time after time after time. You also create blocks because a series of lines, arcs, and text is easier to copy, move, rotate, array, etc. if it is a single entity. The use of blocks can also help reduce the file size of your drawing.