Initializing...loop

spiker7221

Autoloading a list of routines and when I run one of the commands, I get stuck in an "Initializing..." loop.

What could be causing it?

Thanks for any help,

Mike

Autoloading a list of routines and when I run one of the commands, I get stuck in an "Initializing..." loop.

Thanks for any help,

Mike

Your LISP Program may consist of "while" and "repeat" functions in which the expected variable doesn't meet the required conditions.

ex. (Note: AutoCAD will hang once the code below is executed.)

(setq x 1)
(while x (print x))

In layman's term with the above code:

Set x to be equal to 1.

while there is a value of "x" it prints 1 in loop.

in other case.. maybe the program will take a few minutes to finish the routine.

Thanks for any help,

Mike

This is a known bug with the standard definition of the autoload function, caused by the program being loaded not defining the function symbol provided in the command list.

For what its worth, attached is an autoload function of my own design which resolves many of the bugs with the standard autoload function (which is poorly written IMO). Simply load the attached file from your acaddoc.lsp before you evaluate your autoload expressions.

Lee

autoload.lsp

• 2 years later...
For what its worth, attached is an autoload function of my own design which resolves many of the bugs with the standard autoload function

Lee,

Thanks for this update.

Just curious: Is there a reason why your autoload wasn't written to recognize/include FAS files?

Lee's autoload function should work fine with ".fas" files if you include the extension in the "app" argument. Otherwise just add the ".fas" extension to the list of strings in the "LM:autoload:findfile" function.

Lee's autoload function should work fine with ".fas" files if you include the extension in the "app" argument. Otherwise just add the ".fas" extension to the list of strings in the "LM:autoload:findfile" function.

Thanks. I figured as much, but was just curious if it was left out intentionally (and why) or just an oversight.