Why material library in LT 2014

PRSS

Hello everybody

I have upgraded to AutoCAD LT 2014 and during the installation I found it it was installing material libraries also.

Why materials library for a 2D CAD program - How do we use it?

Thanks in advance

PRSS

Are you sure the material library is for 2014? You have what appears to be full AutoCAD 2013 listed as the program you are using.

To my knowledge a materials library would be of no use to you if you are running LT.

It did install materials libraries - on all the 4 computers I have installed. The add or remove program also shows two material libraries - I have not checked the actual location material libraries.

Once I go to my office, I shall post again giving a screen shot of these.

I installed from the original DVD Media received from Autodesk. During the installation process also I saw "Installing material libraries".

It is strange that you don't have it.

I shall get back to you again - from my office.

With best regards

PRSS

Here it is. I have attached 2 jpeg screen shots - one is from the add or remove programs where the libraries are listed, another one is where it resides.

I do not have full version of AutoCAD 2014 It is only LT 2014. Nor any other Autodesk products which would have installed this. I am once again saying that I saw "installing material libraries" during the installation process.

I really do not know what use this is going to have with 2D LT drawings!In common files folder.jpg

IN ADD-REMOVE PROGRAMS.jpg

• 1 month later...

It's used when you get a full AutoCAD file that needs it: remember, LT tries to let you at least see full AutoCAD file even if you can't create that unique content.