selection set of bunch of newly created entities

MJLM

I m trying to find a way how can I create a selection set automatically (without manual selection) from a newly created group of entities.

The Intent is:

I have a bunch of lines with their handle written next to them for each one. When I copy and paste these lines along with their text holding the handle name to an other drawing, the handles are not getting updated (makes sense, the text is only text). I want the handle be updated automatically. I figured the way to do that. Problem is, it seems I cannot get the new lines in a selection set.

I can have the total number of segments copied of course and I can have the last handle through the entlast command but somehow it slips my mind of how I can gather them together.

Any help/thoughts would be appreciated.

The text will not update automatically. Your options could include a field or a reactor.

Or before you copy

(setq e (entlast))
(while (entnext e)
 (setq e (entnext e)))

Then after your copy

(setq ss (ssadd))
(while e 
 (ssadd e ss)
 (setq e (entnext e)))

-David