Slicing along X Axis doesn't work

Maxwell

When slicing solids I can not slice along X. It reads the point doesn't intersect slicing plane. The other two axes work fine. Unless there is some special requirement to cut along X it looks like a bug to me. I switched between profiles but the same thing happening.

Post an image or attach a drawing so we can see what you are working with. Please.

A quick test using AutoCAD 2013 says you are wrong. I used the XY option and it worked perfectly.

SlicewithXYoption.JPG

Original 3D model on left. The cube is 4x4x4.

Invoke the SLICE command. Pick the XY option.

Select the midpoint of the vertical line that defines the far left corner of the box.

Press Enter twice.

Done.

Result shown on the right. I changed the color of one half for demonstartion purposes.

Note that the default orientation of the UCS for a new drawing was never changed.

Sorry for doodling, it does work. My confusion came from assuming that if you hit the X key the command should slice along X axis, the same way it cuts along Y axis when you hit Y key. To achieve what I wanted would be to press ZX.

That's why I suggested an image or actual drawing file. Sometimes what we say doesn't quite get the point across. Images and drawings do a better job.

Glad to hear you got it squared away.

Thank you for updating us.