what ahve I done to my open file dialog box?

No, this is not a FILEDIA=0 question.

I used to have a thumbnail view with my dialog box but I don't any more. Does anybody know what I've done and what the neccessary setvar should be?

OpenFile.jpg

It is not a Setvar Dave; it is a hexadecimal setting in your Windows Registry. Right now PreviewVisible is set to "0". That's why you have the problem.

KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.0\ACAD-B001:409\Profiles\your profile\Dialogs\Select File - PreviewVisible = 1

Thanks Steve but that's not what I want. I like the list of files (Details) which is good for our file structure. The thumbnails take up too much room.

Mark, I'm off to look at the registry in a minute.

Thanks ReMark, it took two goes but I'm there now.

Initially it WAS set to 1 so I checked another profile and that was set to one also. So back to the initial path, not there this time so back to the alternate to check, back to the first and there it is set to 0. Now set to 1 and I'm happy. I think my desk must be right over a time fault whereby I can see tomorrows settings before I can see todays. And before anybody asks, there are no sports pages or race reports visible from my desk.