Script mesh not being produced properly - Don't know why!

BoroCAD

Hi,

I'm undertaking an exercise and a step isn't working but I can't see why.

I've produced a sole (of a shoe) and I've been given a script file (.scr) to produce the top mesh.

When I run the SCRIPT command it produces the mesh incorrectly (some of the points are in the wrong place) [see image Ex 3 1]. I've looked at the .scr file in notepad and all the points seem valid. Indeed, the mesh produces properly in a new drawing.

I've tested a couple of things and the base of shoe appears to have an affect on the produced mesh but I don't know why!

Image Ex 3 1 - The layer containing the sole is frozen but the rectangular frame layer frame is left unfrozen. Some of the mesh points appear to have snapped to the corner of the rectangular frame.

Image Ex 3 2 - The rectangular frame layer is frozen but the sole layer is thawed. Again the mesh snaps to the sole and is produced incorrectly.

Image Ex 3 3 - Both layers are frozen and the mesh is produced correctly. WHY?

All the images are produced using the same UCS (located at the lower left corner of the rectangular frame).

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Why do some of the mesh points go in the wrong location? Why do visible parts of the drawing have an affect on the produced mesh?

Cheers.

Ex 3 1.jpg

Ex 3 2.jpg

Ex 3 3.jpg

Try turning osnaps off before running the script, depending on your zoom level osnaps can play havoc with a script.

Try turning osnaps off before running the script, depending on your zoom level osnaps can play havoc with a script.

Thanks steven-g. Yep, that solved the issue. It's so simple. Sometimes CAD can be so stupid!!!