Welding a Sheet Metal Part.

Zadig

I have created a sheet metal part that when formed into its pressed state has cuts in it, as you would expect. I want to weld these cuts in the part and I am struggling to do so. I am using SW 2010 and would class myself as a novice with some basic experience, i.e. I can create parts and assemblies using the most common functions on SW. I have searched for answers to this for some time and as yet not found any answers, I maybe inputting the wrong search criteria.

The cuts continue around the bend radius and have a few differing faces as a result.

Thanks.

Tender.jpg

Unfortunately, I cannot put up the sldprt on this occasion, these are not my drawings and I'm modelling this for fun.

The part it made from 1/8" material with a 3/4" raised edge and 1/8" inside radius.

The cuts do not need to be welded if there is any other way of joining the sheet metal together at these points. I am in new territory with the sheet metal aspect of SW and don't full know how it behaves. I could model the part from a solid, but I liked the idea of the sheet metal approach and thought I would give it a try. Any help would be appreciated, even if it is to say I am barking up the wrong tree and I should do it differently. Thanks.