Close script file doesn't work in AutoCAD 2014

Spiderguy

Hello to all!

I have a recorded action that is a staple of mine for a long time, I used it long ago even though it was created differently, I even have a bunch of coworkers that use it. The recorded action is ZOOM EXTENTS, SAVE, RUN SCRIPT FILE; CLOSE.SCR. I think I created this back in 2010, and it has worked in every instance of AutoCAD until 2014. I originally had to record the action using the CLOSE.SCR file with the command "SAVE" in it so that it could be recorded. Once the Action was recorded, I changed the "SAVE" command to "CLOSE". So that when I type the "ZSC" name of the recorded action, it would zoom the file to extents, save it, then close the drawing. Now when I try to execute this action, it does everything except close the file. I have run the CLOSE.SCR file using the script command and still I get nothing!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

I get this message when I try to run it through SCRIPT command.

File load canceled: I:\AutoCAD Recorded Macros\CLOSE.SCR

I have tried to re-record the action because originally the action was for another version, then I recorded it again for 2013 to change the folder location. before I was getting this message:

Enter script file name : I:\AutoCAD 2013\CLOSE.SCR

"CLOSE.SCR": Can't find file.

Sorry, the script file is simple a txt file named "CLOSE.SCR" in it is simply the word "close(hard return)". For what ever reason, I cannot upload the file, the upload manager just simply "spins" and does nothing.

I checked all of the file locations and have that fixed. this is what I get when I try running the recorded action:

Command: ZSC

ZOOM

Specify corner of window, enter a scale factor (nX or nXP), or

[All/Center/Dynamic/Extents/Previous/Scale/Window/Object] : E

Command: QSAVE

Command: SCRIPT

Enter script file name : I:\AutoCAD 2013\CLOSE.SCR File load canceled: I:\AutoCAD 2013\CLOSE.SCR

Command: Playback of action macro complete

It looks like the script command has changed some, when I simply type in script, I am presented with a selection window to find and select the file. So trying to record a new action that involves a script is probably not the way to go. however, when I type SCRIPT in the command line, find and select the CLOSE.SCR file this is what I get:

Command: SCRIPT

File load canceled: I:\AutoCAD 2013\CLOSE.SCR

I copied "CLOSE.SCR" to my desktop, entered SCRIPT into the command line and selected the "CLOSE.SCR" from the desktop and it successfully worked.

The problem is why is it canceling the load operation from the I:\AutoCAD 2013 location?

Hello!

Thank you all for your interest in helping me!

I have it figured out, it had to do with the security of "trusted" locations!

Unfortunately, I have not figured out how to edit the recorded action file so that I can redirect the file location to simply "I:\AutoCAD Recorded Actions" so that from here on out I wouldn't have to make sure everything went to a 2013 folder, but that is not the worst thing to happen!

Thanks again!

Can you edit macros that have been created with the action recorder?

If the only thing in the script is a close command, you might then be able to write it in to you macro. I may have misunderstood your objective, but it would remove a layer of complication.

Add this to end of your macro:

Close;

• 1 month later...

I didn't see a way to edit them like you would a true macro, but everything is working and that is what matters! We are restricted from using macros, unless our CAD Coordinator creates them and installs them, forget about submitting something for approval - I have had several hatch patterns that work great, but they are still denied, and now with 2014, it has been decided that everyone will use the same aliases i.e. "L" for line. I had changed several to speed me up, those have been designated to something less useful! So, what are ya going to do, it's out of my hands!

it has been decided that everyone will use the same aliases i.e. "L" for line.
WOW! I feel for you. I wonder what you will get for C? I don't know anybody who has not changed this from CIRCLE to COPY. If I'm on an unmodified machine I type the commands in full. Good way to speed up production.

If you can alter the support path in AutoCAD, add another folder at the top of the list where you can add your modified PGP file.

Also, you can add another folder to the head of the toolpalletes list, so you can add your own toolpalletes.

We have one network location to share partial menus, toolpalletes etc., but have individual locations for our own preferences, blocks etc.

Perhaps if you can do the donkey work, the CAD Coordinator will see the benefits.

Sorry, I know how to work around this mess, but I have to work to the "company standards", at least c is copy! I had a bunch of aliases that I changed, I had r as regen all, re as rectangle, etc... but i was given the reasons why my changes were not acceptable, for what ever reason the decision was made to keep r as redraw, just crazyness! but what are you going to do, what's worse, is if they get this thread! lol, oh well, we will see!