There is any other solution to multi .dwgs to layouts

121madhu

Hi anyone please help me

I received .dwgs from consultant model space is all .dwgs same but layouts different so I insert all .dwgs layouts to single .dwg and multi layouts

I am using design center –open file folder location –then select drawing –layout –drag my current dwg.

This is okay but taking so much time any other way to do this please help me

Thank you

Do you realize you posted in the lisp forum? Is that what you are looking for, a lisp to run a multi--sheet plot from many drawings?

If not, you can simply use the publish command. You can browse and add other drawings to one sheet list.

I am using design center –open file folder location –then select drawing –layout –drag my current dwg.

This is okay but taking so much time any other way to do this please help me

If I have understood correctly,

maybe Lee Mac's "Steal from Drawing" do that you want to...

HTH

Henrique

If you want to plot multiple title blocks in Modelspace then search here under lisp for Model & Plot it can be done in one go if you can not find post again and I will repost it.

sorry for my poor English

my problem is not a polting

check this two jpeg files to under stand my q.

i am received dwgs from consultant this all dwgs model are same but layouts change so i want make all dwgs to one dwg (i am using designcenter ctrl+2 then open folder location-dwg-layout i drag and drop layout to my single dwg )

this is taking more time any another way to dwg layout insert our dwg

thank you

ctrl2.jpg

2222.jpg

Asking the same question over again without explaining why the current suggested methods or solutions do not work for you, is not what I expected to see.

One more time; Are you looking for a lisp program, or will the publish or batch plot options work? Have you looked into creating a sheet set?

I am not a lisp programmer.

I think i got what madhu wants.

His whole drawing is divided into multiple sheets. Each sheet is saved as individual drawing . He is using Design centre to combine all the Sheets in to single drawing. Is there any other easy way to do this since his method is taking more time.

i hope i conveyed better than him .

121madhu,

try the attached code, if you don't have any layout with the same name than those you gonna copy, will copy to the current dwg all layouts from selected dwg's.

This routine uses Lee Mac's "Get Files Dialog" and "Steal from Drawing" download those routines and save the routines in a Support File Search Path directory.

(defun c:test (/ a b files file)
 (if (and (setq a (findfile "GetFilesV1-3.lsp"))
   (load a)
   (setq b (findfile "StealV1-8.lsp"))
   (load b)
   (setq files (LM:getfiles "Select Files" nil "dwg"))
     )
   (progn
     (foreach file files
(Steal file (list (list "Layouts" (list "*"))))
     )
     (command "_.regen")
   )
 )
 (princ)
)

HTH

Henrique

Asking the same question over again without explaining why the current suggested methods or solutions do not work for you, is not what I expected to see.

One more time; Are you looking for a lisp program, or will the publish or batch plot options work? Have you looked into creating a sheet set?

Since there are no responses, good luck with your future endeavors.

Do you realize you posted in the lisp forum? Is that what you are looking for, a lisp to run a multi--sheet plot from many drawings?

If not, you can simply use the publish command. You can browse and add other drawings to one sheet list.

So what the user posted it in the wrong section nobody is perfect you should know that

I am not a lisp programmer.

I think i got what madhu wants.

His whole drawing is divided into multiple sheets. Each sheet is saved as individual drawing . He is using Design centre to combine all the Sheets in to single drawing. Is there any other easy way to do this since his method is taking more time.

i hope i conveyed better than him .

yes this is correct any other way using lisp to do this

Lee Mac's "Steal from Drawing" is working(steel a layout) but this also doing one by one not taking entire folder this also same design center(ctrl+2)

i need easy way using lisp to save my time because i have lots of folder to do this

thank you

So what the user posted it in the wrong section nobody is perfect you should know that
I asked the OP a legitimate question. What I didn't ask for was for somebody to read an attitude into my post which I didn't have until this very minute.

As you will see from posts #12 and #13, the OP did not post in the wrong section, even though nobody knew that until now, and my question was answered, FINALLY, even though not addressed directly.

Lee Mac's "Steal from Drawing" is working(steel a layout) but this also doing one by one not taking entire folder this also same design center(ctrl+2)

i need easy way using lisp to save my time because i have lots of folder to do this

thank you

Did you try the code in message #9?

Henrique

Why?

Any error messages?

Henrique

Code in post #9 & LM's Lisp is working for me. Tested in ACAD2010.

Thanks Henrique & Lee. It might help me in future.

thank you

Dear Madhu.

Load Henrique's lisp last after loading LM's two lisp. I think this may due to both has test command with different function.

or change the command name in Henrique's lisp.

121madhu,

try the attached code, if you don't have any layout with the same name than those you gonna copy, will copy to the current dwg all layouts from selected dwg's.

This routine uses Lee Mac's "Get Files Dialog" and "Steal from Drawing" download those routines and save the routines in a Support File Search Path directory.

(defun c:test (/ a b files file)
 (if (and (setq a (findfile "GetFilesV1-3.lsp"))
   (load a)
   (setq b (findfile "StealV1-8.lsp"))
   (load b)
   (setq files (LM:getfiles "Select Files" nil "dwg"))
     )
   (progn
     (foreach file files
(Steal file (list (list "Layouts" (list "*"))))
     )
     (command "_.regen")
   )
 )
 (princ)
)

HTH

Henrique

yes got it thank you hmsilva and LeeMac

first i confused Support File Search Path directory now its good

thank you so much