Array Command in 2014 Whacks Legacy LISP Codes

Bill Tillman

I'm embarking on a mission to resolve why the faithful old LISP codes which this dept has used since the time of Moses are failing to run with AutoCAD 2014. As I begin the searches I'm seeing some very generalized results so I thought I'd ask this basic question about this first.

1. Aren't some if not most of the AutoCAD commands just LISP code anyway? As I look through the folders of the 2013 and 2014 versions of AutoCAD I can see that most of the commands appear to be compiled versions .arx files.
  2. I think I recall at least one instance where the new array command in 2010 had some affect on the way I was using it and so I copied an older version of the array command into the folders for 2010. It worked just like the older version did which at the time was a nice thing for us. I see in AutoCAD 2013 on my desktop a file in the AC path called AcArray.arx and AcArray.crx. I assume these are some compiled copies of the Array code. And trying to open them with VLIDE will cause AutoCAD to crash...that was not expected.

Any advice on the topic will be appreciated.

Now there is array. They still have the classic array under the "arrayclassic" command. Maybe your code calls out array in a command and it is not calling out command parameters with the new array command.