dimensions color

newatcad

In autodesk inventor professional 2012 (not fusion), how does one change the color of the dimensions? I have tried this for hours and it seems very counter-intuitive and complex for an operation seemingly so simple.

Any suggestions?

What environment?

Sketch?

Drawing?

More information is needed.

It is a sketch done on a sheet (see attached file for image). I want to draw a disc with some holes in it, which is not difficult. However, the dimension color is white and so it blends in with the sheet, making it hard to see.

If the sketch is not the best approach, I would welcome any other suggestions. I just want to design my disc with clear and distinct dimensions in the front and top view so it can be professionally understood and interpreted for production in a workshop.

Thank you.

copper plate.jpg

You will want to do your sketch (fully dimensioned) and 3D modeling in an .ipt (part) file. Then start a .idw (drawing) file and place views in that, finally show dimensions using the annotation palette.

You will want to do your sketch (fully dimensioned) and 3D modeling in an .ipt (part) file. Then start a .idw (drawing) file and place views in that, finally show dimensions using the annotation palette.

Thanks alot! That was very helpful. I'm trying to change the font size of the dimensions, when I click on them the "edit dimension" window opens up and then I click on the "pencil" icon, but when I alter the font size the dimensions remain the same size. Is there a different icon for that?

Why are you creating all of those sketch points in your sketch (none of them are needed).

If you go to Tools>Application Options>Colors tab, what do you have your Background set to?

As a general rule - it is better to pattern features (Hole) rather than sketch.

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20University.pdf

Part2_jd.ipt

This is how your 3D part sketch should be dimensioned.

Once you finish the part - attach it here and I can show you how to do the 2D drawing.

Actually, thanks alot guys I think I've made some good progress on my drawing. It would be nice, though, if I could increase the size of the dimension arrows.

It would be nice, though, if I could increase the size of the dimension arrows.

You can increase the size. Attach your "drawing" file here.

Get familiar with the Styles Editor. You can click on the text tab to change the text height. Also look at the leader options, ticks vs arrows, units, tolerances, etc.

Capture.jpg