Extend Beyond Ticks

Hi, hopefully someone would be able to help me with this: my DimStyle is set annotative and the "Extend Beyond Ticks" variable is set to 0 (and Dimsoxd is "off"). All working well until I have small measurement, then I'm getting 2 long lines on each side of the ticks. Any other variable can solve it? I'm working with Architecture 2012. Can you advise? THANKS!!

We just had someone else inquire about this same issue, yesterday.

I think you will find that those lines are part of the arrowheads that get flipped outside the extension lines when there is not enough space between them. They cannot be removed. It is a dimension standard. AutoCad forces them in for each arrowhead, since it must be clear which space between extension lines the arrowheads are indicating. We discovered that AutoCad even applies the line to user defined arrowheads, whether they be arrows, ticks, dots or strawberries. ;)

I believe that particular line isn't controlled by "Extend beyond ticks". To me, it looks like the line that results when you set the text position to be forced BESIDE the dim line when it won't fit between the extension lines. But, I can't explain why the line is there since your dim text is sitting over the dim line. Has it been manually moved? By the way, it is usually a standards no-no to place dim text directly on drawing geometry.