ssGet function

Costinbos77

Hello!

If you want to select a particular type of object on a specified position, ssGet function fails when multiple objects are overlapped in that place.

(setq ss (ssGet '(0 0) '((0 . "circle")) )  )

How can resolve this deficiency?

Thanks in advance.

Costin

Overlapping.jpg

Edited by Costinbos77

It doesn't fail, nor is this a deficiency, Costin! It just replicate AutoCAD's behavior on pick selection (that it, retrive one entity).

(setq ss (ssget '((0 . "circle"))))

Please note that this statement will require user's interaction and this may not be what OP is looking for.

I need to select through coordinates.

I want to find all circles, points, or blocks with attributes that are in the vertices of the polyline and not the green circle. But in those vertices , other objects are blocking the selection.

Edited by Costinbos77

Costin, I noticed that meantime you added a picture to your post. Can you clarify, please, which are the coordinates of that circle's center? If those were 0, 0, 0, then you cannot select it like the statement above since picking on that point will require either a very small zoom factor or a very large pickbox to intersect its circumference.

Rather try to filter for center's coordinates:

(setq ss (ssget [color=magenta]"_X"[/color] '((0 . "CIRCLE") [color=magenta](10 0.0 0.0 0.0)[/color])))

Thanks Mircea. Works.

I tried another time and it did not work, I probably forgot to do zoom in the area.

(setq ss (ssget "_X" '((0 . "CIRCLE") (cons 10 [color="red"]p[/color]))))

where [color="red"]p[/color] = (x y) , automatically z = 0 .
or 
(x y z)

If circles are coordinated 3D and polyline is 2D ( even with elevation ) ,

or If circles are coordinated 2D and polyline is 3D ,

then not select anything.

Then here and solving :

(setq ss (ssGet "_X" (list '(0 . "Circle") '(-4 . "=,=,*") (cons 10 [color="red"]p[/color]))) )

Edited by Costinbos77

For the problem that the circle is not quite exactly on a Pline vertice if thats your search pt use below, window must be slightly larger than circle diameter.

(setq ss (ssget "_W" pt1 pt2 '((0 . "CIRCLE") )))