dimensions that align lisp

solidworks2014

Align how? Do you want to select the dimensions you want to align and then select the dimension you want to align to? You need to provide us with with more information.

Align how? Do you want to select the dimensions you want to align and then select the dimension you want to align to? You need to provide us with with more information.

Not sure how exactly he wants, but I was looking for a similar lisp (doing the same result).

dim alignment.jpg

dim alignment2.jpg

I believe the OP and Grrr have the same problem: they are trying to fix dimensions that have already been placed without regard for lining them up. Therefore QDIM and DIMCONTINUE will not solve their problem. DIMSPACE would solve the problem; so would a custom lisp routine but I don't have one. The only other option I can think of would be to QSELECT all dimensions, erase them, then do them correctly using QDIM or DIMCONTINUE. I don't think either user wants to do that.

Try rkent's suggestion: DIMSPACE, pick the dims, use 0 for value.

It actually did the job! But still left the problem with ext lines(see pic)

EDIT: sorry that I started messing with my problems - maybe this will solve OP's requirement (although you can see 2 main problems - on the right side of the 2nd picture)

Try DIMCONTINUE command.

Won't help when using lisp routine such as ASMI's PDIM (autodimensions polyline) - see 2nd picture

dim alignment3.jpg

dim alignment4.jpg

I would not consider the image on the right to be good in one very important aspect. The nodes do not fall on the geometry that is being dimensioned.

I would not consider the image on the right to be good in one very important aspect. The nodes do not fall on the geometry that is being dimensioned.

I was aware of that, still found a way to fix the problem in order to keep the same length of the extension lines no matter where the nodes fall: turning on the fixed length on ext lines (DIMFIXLON) for the dimstyle. The only problem that remains is somehow to flip the direction of the nodes (in order to point towards the object - see at 2nd pic the dimensions at the bottom) - its often caused by autodimensioning intersections. Gotta say that dimspace 0 almost does the whole job, big THANK YOU from me!

You should not have three continuous dimensions AND and an overall dimension. Either leave the overall dimension off or eliminate one of the three dimensions.

Sorry, thats just a reflex from my work. Earlier I've been doing overall dimension and splitting it using lisp routine(but it was kinda slower than autodimensioning).