VB to autoload lisp

Andrew1979

I am new to Visual Basic but what I want to do is set a VB application in the windows registry applications folder to run a lisp routine when a command is invoked.

How do I write VB code to load a lisp routine?

Thanks

Or would I have to do it in C++ as an arx file? If so, how do I do that?

FWIW -

You don't need .NET code for this; you can AUTOLOAD via AcadDoc.lsp, or use the new Autoloader mechanism (see the link in my signature).

However, to answer your question, consider the Application.Invoke() Method, which is a wrapper for acedInvoke().

Cheers

thanks for that. The autoloader is a great way to install applications, shame it can only be used with autocad 2012 +

You're welcome; I'm happy to help.

Autoloader isn't without its issues, especially in the context of AutoCAD's new Security protocol (as I've described elsewhere), but each is good at what they do individually as a generalization.

Cheers

Autoload has been around for years using Acad.lsp to preload lisps if thats what your asking way before 2012.

ThisDrawing.SendCommand "(load " & """placesdxf""" & ")" & vbCr
ThisDrawing.SendCommand "placesdxf" & vbCr