Constrain two ball bearings to same shaft.

Jake8090

Good Morning.

Could someone give a little advice please. I have two assembled ball bearings which I would like to fix to the same shaft so that the the shaft and inner ring are locked.

I have managed the first bearing using Rigid Joint. However when attempting the second placement using the same procedure I get a conflicting constraint report. I have now been trying for several hours now and wonder if it is going to be possible although with the capabilities of Inventor I would be surprised if it were not possible. My aim is to ground the outer bearing rings and rotate the shaft, inner ring,and ball cage.

If anyone can help please it will be appreciated and I can move on.

Regards Jake8090

Of course it is possible.

Attach your assembly here so that someone can figure out what you are doing incorrectly.

Thank you Mr Mather,

I will try again to upload assembly files, however having read the new user conditions it may not be possible until I have made more posts. I am using inventor on a mac using Paralells with Windows 7, I thought maybe that could be the problem. Anyway I shall keep trying as I would realy like to solve this problem.

Jake8090

Trying to upload folder again. I have managed to attach the bearing to the shaft by using a rigid joint between the outer ring and shaft then supressed it to allow the inner ring and bearings to turn. However what I am trying to achieve is locking the inner ring and sleeve to the shaft so that when outer rings are grounded the shaft and bearings will rotate. The bearing giving problem is the one near the end of the shaft. Jake8090

Shaft & Bearings.zip

I don't see any parts (*.ipt) in the file you attached?

I don't think it is possible for any mechanism to work without parts?

Find the folder with the *.iam file AND the *.ipt files.

Right click on that folder and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Attach the *.zip file here.

Sorry not thinking how inventor works, (Part of learning curve ) Trying again thank you.

Been trying for one hour now to upload Folder (Parts Mr Mather WT) using same procedure as before but getting error message (Cad Tutor failed to upload files.

Do you have any suggestions what may be wrong.

Both instances of Bearing Outer Ring WT are Grounded. (Notice the push-pin icon in browser)

One of them is on the shaft.

The other on is not on the shaft, but is grounded.

Logic would seem to indicate that you will never be able to move it to the shaft as long as it is grounded.

Right Click on Bearing Outer Ring WT:2 an Unground it.

Now you can put it wherever you want it.

Many thanks JD, Cannot think why I did not spot this after so long trying. Just attached the bearing with no problems.