Export file to Word-drawings that were rotated, shows up in Word not rotated.

kcfirtel

I am writing a visual math book in AutoCAD 2012. When I export drawing to Word 2007, any drawing that was rotated in AutoCad shows up in Word not rotated.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am spending more time exporting files than I am writing my book.

KC

I am writing a visual math book in AutoCAD 2012. When I export drawing to Word 2007, any drawing that was rotated in AutoCad shows up in Word not rotated.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am spending more time exporting files than I am writing my book.

KC

Try plotting to pdf then using the snapshot tool in adobe acrobat reader.

Theres a setting in reader to change snapshot resolution if needed

If you are using the wmf export method, then I am surprised. The wmf basically uses a screen capture, so I always zoom into what I want exported, and then when it asks to select objects, I respond with typing "all". That image inserts into Word just like that.

If you are getting rotation, perhaps you can Format the picture, using the 3D rotation in the Z axis of 90 degrees.

Otherwise, I do not understand the whole procedure that you are using.

I am using metafile (*.wmf) to export. I select my image and then I insert it into Word. At this point it looks great. I have Word 2007, so in order for me to change my lineweights in my drawing, I have to go to Edit Picture to ungroup and then change my lineweights. As soon as I go to Edit Picture that is when my the drawing shows up not rotated. I am confused as to why it is doing this.

Thanks

KC

I am also completely baffled. That situation has never arisen with me. In Word are you using a page in Portrait or Landscape alignment?

Is there a chance that you could post a drawing with only a very simple picture that behaves like this? Then I could have a play.

Have you installed all updates to your AutoCAD? Can you use any other version? It might be a bug in r2007.

... any drawing that was rotated in AutoCad shows up in Word not rotated.

Those three words, "rotated in AutoCAD" are of particular interest to me.

I need to see exactly how you "rotated".

Attach example *.dwg and *.doc files here.

Thanks again. It turned out that it is a bug in Word 2007. I finally was able to complete my task with a few redesigns due to the limitations of Word 2007

KC

If you have Windows 7 then try using the snipping tool.

I use this to paste sections of acad into Emails all the time.

Thank you. I got it to work with a redesign that came out better than the first design. I'll try it, if I come across it again

KC

Thank you,

I am sorry, I must have skipped over your reply. I finally got my rotating problem to work out with a redesign. The redesign actually came out better than the first. I am writing a visual math book, so I do not use many rotated drawings so I did a quick redesign and moved on.

Thanks again

KC