measure different lengths along polyline

hi there, does anyone know how I can measure different lengths along a polyline. I have to set blocks at different distances along a polyline ie from 1st block, next is 3m along, 3rd is 3.6m along etc etc .

managed to find something that would do it along the curve of the polyline but not on a straight line or the polyline entirety

thanks

What about the MEASURE command? You'll have to do it multiple times and erase the "extra" results each time. Works on straight and curved segments.

It wouldn't be too difficult to write a lisp routine to handle placing blocks at varying distances from the origin of a polyline, but I don't know of an existing one.

Measure doesn't work for me - I need to be able to specify a start point and then enter 1 distance at a time or, specify the start point and then list the measurements that I need a 'point' or block placed along said polyline.

I'm trying to plot light fittings along the centre of a corridor that starts off horizontal and then rises upwards in a 'S' shape, if that makes any sense?

and unfortunately, I have no idea how to write lisp routines.....

I wonder if there is such a thing as a path array with variable distances lisp routine? You could check over at The Swamp or the Customization forum of the AutoDesk Discussion Groups.

This one will work, you will have to start the command over each time but it goes quick.

http://www.turvill.com/t2/free_stuff/put.lsp

looks promising, rkent. Here is their link for a later version:

http://www.turvill.com/t2/free_stuff/put2.lsp. "PUT.LSP ver. 2.0 © 2005 Tee Square Graphics Improved version of PUT.LSP originally published in 1998. This version avoids the use of the native MEASURE command, using instead the curve functions of Visual LISP (VLISP)."

aagghhhh, this worked fine yesterday but now when I input a distance, eg 3m it enters the block a 3m intervals along the polyline.....

aagghhhh, this worked fine yesterday but now when I input a distance, eg 3m it enters the block a 3m intervals along the polyline.....

Are you using the newer PUT2.LSP that was mentioned in post #7?

Are you truly entering 3m or just a 3 when specifying the distance?

I used the original one that you posted - I work I mm's so am typing 3000 - so all im actually typing is the command 'put', the block name and the distance.

have tried the put2 in a new drawing to see if any different but its not - it enters the block along at 3m intervals again