How to delete zero legths segments from a polyline?

Are there any easy solutions to deleting zero length segments from a polyline other than the straighten option with pedit?

Never used OVERKILL command before. At first I thought it was the answer but I had 2 problems. In the attached file are four shapes. Shape A is what I started out with and I wanted to use SUPERHATCH, using the block 'testblock' to hatch the shape to get what you see in shape C. When you try to do this to shape A you get an error message 'Invalid point, polygon segment is zero length.' The first problem I encountered when I used Overkill was the not only did it delete the duplicate point in the red polyline but it deleted 2 other points leaving the result you see in shape B and I can't work out why. The second problem I have is, I decided to delete the duplicate point manually, shape D, but when I try and use SUPERHATCH I get the same error message 'Invalid point, polygon segment is zero length.' even though there are no duplicate lengths.

draw1.dwg

Never used OVERKILL command before. At first I thought it was the answer but I had 2 problems. In the attached file are four shapes. Shape A is what I started out with and I wanted to use SUPERHATCH, using the block 'testblock' to hatch the shape to get what you see in shape C. When you try to do this to shape A you get an error message 'Invalid point, polygon segment is zero length.' The first problem I encountered when I used Overkill was the not only did it delete the duplicate point in the red polyline but it deleted 2 other points leaving the result you see in shape B and I can't work out why. The second problem I have is, I decided to delete the duplicate point manually, shape D, but when I try and use SUPERHATCH I get the same error message 'Invalid point, polygon segment is zero length.' even though there are no duplicate lengths.

Try offsetting the polyline a small distance, then doing the same the opposite way to achieve the same shape again.

I had never used SUPERHATCH, looks interesting, although I was unable to get it to work.

I was however able to Hatch shape A, without any drama at all, with the regular Hatch command, and selecting an existing Hatch (Hexagonal). I have my HPGAPTOL variable set to 20, which is pretty liberal, and that may have been a contributing factor.

regular hatch will do it.JPG

Edited by Dadgad