Creating a PDF plotter on server for office with paper sizes etc

PetterVitestam

Hi! I'm trying to create an office standard for layouts and page setups etc. for making PDFs. I've created an AutoCAD template file with the layout and page setups set up (heh...) but the problem is when other users open this file they don't have the same plotters with the same paper sizes set up, so it doesn't work.

Everyone has an Adobe PDF-plotter installed, and I'd basically like to make a copy of that plotter with some slight adjustments and some new paper sizes. I'm not sure of which files (.pc3, .pmp, .ctb, others?) to copy, and which control what. For example if I'd like one option to plot a pdf with high quality images and one with highly compressed images would it be best to create another plotter (.pc3-file?) with those new settings, even though the "plotter" is the same (Adobe PDF)?

There is also a problem with page margins and offsets, when sometimes you open a file on another computer and some paper size has some margins or something set differently, so the whole layout jumps a bit. Is there some best practices or guides when it comes to setting these things up that you could link to?

Thanks in advance.

I've done some more testing and I can get the page setup and the plotter to transfer (by opening a document with the page setup and having a .pc3-file on the server). However I can not get my custom paper sizes to transfer, nor the paper size filters I've set up (despite also having the .pmp-file on the server). I also can't get custom Adobe PDF-settings to transfer, but I guess these are located elsewhere in an adobe-specific folder. Which file store and controls custom paper sizes? Since I'm using Adobe PDF-plotter maybe the paper sizes are device dependent, so I have to somehow copy the files associated with the Adobe plotter?

Do you have any best practices for this, or do you set things up correctly on each PC, or maybe just use the same PC for all the plotting?

Whats your

Config, Files, printer support path, printer configuration & Description file & Style table

Mine are set to a server location

Whats your

Config, Files, printer support path, printer configuration & Description file & Style table

Mine are set to a server location

I've set the printer configuration, description and style table to a server location, but custom paper sizes and paper filters doesn't seem to be controlled by these (paper filters might, but maybe it gets confused if the paper sizes are correct). I think the paper sizes are controlled by the Adobe PDF driver, which has nothing to do with AutoCAD, and that I have to set up (or copy some files) the correct paper sizes on each computer manually.

What do you mean by "Config, Files,"?

I'm sorry if this thread sort of turned into me talking to myself, but maybe it's of use to someone else in the future.