Electrical/Controls drawing managing

cadmando2

looking for some feed back.

when dealing with existing and new electrical and controls.

what is the best in managing drawings.

Say for PLC panels dwg's that are existing and new updated components. do you keep it all same drawing but have 001 layout tab for existing and 002 layout tab for new. keeping

or is it best to keep just single files of each?

What i the best way to manage and create existing and new project drawings.

IMHO, having everything in the same place is ideal. You won't have to worry about copying information from one file to another and possibly missing something or if there is a change, making it in two places. Drawings like this can get messy but good layer management will keep it managable for you.

Sorry my blood sugar is low, causing me to not focus and say what I want. I am the only drafter here we deal with existing product that we are upgrading.

I have to show existing product and upgraded drawing.

just didn't know how to manage them.

for example, existing PLC panel, control console and schematic in one file and new updating in another file with layout tabs label accordingly.

E001, for PLC panel, E002 for console. New upgrades N001, N002!

trying to keep file size down. autoCAD seem not to like large file and tens the crash.

AutoCAD will handle large file sizes only if your system has the hardware to handle it. A lot of RAM and a good graphics card are recommended.